Wednesday 15 June 2022

Cake Cake and even more CAKE!!

Birthday Party's seem to be a common occurrence around here at the moment. It feels like cake is being offered to me every other day.

The kiddies love birthday parties It means cake, chips and soft drink. A kiddies dream!!

I always try to make there birthdays special for them as I never know when there last birthday at TLC will be and they deserve a wonderful day where everything is about them... 

I go to the shops pick out there cake decorate it with sweeties pick up there favourite treat and drink then come back and decorate for there afternoon snack/ party with all of there TLC family. 

This month our oldest boy turned 7 ... Hes been at TLC since before my first trip. He was such a cute skinny tall child and honeslty nothing much has changed. I have all the children's birthdays saved on my phone so a few days before his big day I began hyping the day up getting him all excited for the fun day I had planned. I asked him what his dream birthday would be ... his reply was a birthday like Joanna ... instantly I regretted asking that one haha her birthday was BIG.... with lots and lots of people!! A entire afternoon/ Evening of partying food cake and DANCING!!

So .. I had to start thinking how I could make this one as great as Joanna's... thankfully I quickly came up with a plan. Friday was his actual birthday so he would still have to go to school. 

For breakfast I made him his own special food with a hot chocolate ... Inside his school bag I suprised him with his chocolate treat then I kissed him and sent him off for a day with his friends at school. On his return he was welcomed with a party with some of the managers volunteers and all his TLC brothers and sisters. A few ballloons a big cars cake cupcakes and fizzy drink. His favourite person is one of our managers children so I got the all clear to have him stay for the night. I prepared my room for 3 of the boys to have a sleep over. Treats popcorn shortbread and cookies ... cold drink and my laptop... all the kiddies love my laptop and think its incredible when I allow them to watch it .. So at their request I put on Avengers followed by Paw patrol. I was working alone so I finished getting all the other kiddies in to bed and went back to check on them ... turns out it had been a long day at school and the only one still awake was the birthday boy... I tucked him in and kissed him goodnight because I knew the saturday was going to be a long day for him full of adventures...

Saturday morning I had booked for me another adult the birthday boy and his best friend to go Acrobranching ... In the uk its GO APE! Attached to a harness and climbing through obsticals high up in the trees ...

When we had arrived at the adventure place I showed him what we would be doing... he was excited at first because we practiced on the kiddies course. It was fun, short and a learning experience! 

This little boy is strong, brave and full of adventure. He loves to play around with the younger kids at TLC but craves one on one time with the managers kiddies as they are around his age. 

I love seeing his little face light up when I tell him we are going out.. He seems to be pushed to the back of the line as hes the oldest hes always helping with the little ones and underestermates his strength at times. This is why I thought this would be a great activity for him!!

As we walked towards the blue course i could see his face start to change and fill with worry so I encouraged him. The managers son went first then my friend then Birthday boy and finally me!! This way we could keep an eye on the both of them to make sure they were ok and to encourage them every step of the way!! 

We had a few tears at one stage but the lovely team at Achrobranching supported the birthday boy and he finished off strong loving the final zip line after getting his confidence a quater of the way through. We all had a blast of a time the managers son was incredible pretty much tarzan swinging through the trees and going way ahead of the rest of us. Youd think he had done it before haha

After Achrobranching the boys where all exhausted. They asked if we could go for food so seeing as it was the little ones special day I let him choose .. and ... we ended up at MC Donalds ... you really would think its the only place they have been outside of TLC but they love it because of the toy... 

So we drove there and they named all the posh cars they could see driving past they absolutely loved it.... tummys full of food, sore muscles and a blast of a day to remember forever!!


Thank you all so much for making days like this possible!!! 

Its most likely the last birthday he will have at TLC as hes getting to old for our age groups now so thankyou for helping me to put a massive smile on this little angels face!!


 Shattered after 2 days of partying!!




No comments:

Post a Comment