Wednesday 1 June 2022

50th birthday



Joanna is our manager of the CYCC and recently she had her 50th birthday. 

We had planned things the whole week for her surprise Braii party on the Saturday with her family and friends and it was all coming together, the weather had been rough all week raining hard but Saturday was sunny warm and beautiful. 

Friday evening I was on shift with my 12 kiddios so I finished their evening routines and got them to sleep in their beds it was surprisingly easy that night ... I think God knew how tired I was already so he was giving me a easy night with the kiddies... 

I began my cleaning of sweeping mopping tidying the kitchen washing up drying cleaning the sides laundry tidying kiddies bedrooms and preparing there clothes for the big party day 

And then it was the monster challenge of blowing up 50 balloons by my mouth... It was a challenge but it was only for a while and I knew once it was done I could go to bed. 1am in the morning and I realised that my bed was actually covered in balloons so I moved to the couch for the night did potty training then fell fast asleep. That was until 5am anyway hahah.... I woke up put my laundry on and tidied my kiddies garden and began moving furniture around before making the kids breakfast and completing their morning routine. Once the weekend lady was here to look after the kiddies I had a quick shower did my hair and jumped in the car to go to the shops. We blew up the helium balloons brought veg for salads and collected the birthday cake. Everything was coming together perfectly. We began the decorating process hanging up balloons decorating the different rooms covering the tables and making everything look pretty. 

we started of with 50 balloons and by the time Joanna arrived there were about 15 haha the wind was strong and I think we all had a mini heart attack every time one exploded. At one point I was ready to go stab them all and pop them myself so i'd know when it was going to go BANG!!!

Joanna arrived and we had a dance party... speeches, presents and a looot of foood!!! The guys did the Braii which was incredible then we had a South African food called Pap with lots of different salads and pasta and bread. It was a lovely spread of foods that went down a treat. 

The kiddies loved the party it was a big thing with lots of people so to start with they were a bit scared but they quickly got used to it and enjoyed every second of it. They also loved being able to help themselves to sweets, chocolate chips and cake without being told off. Yoh they ate sugar ... and lots of it!!! 

I was worried they would be buzzing but once the party finished and everyone left they had a snack and watched a movie and all fell straight asleep once they got into their beds. It was a long fun exciting day for everyone and i'm pretty sure Joanna loved it too xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment