Saturday 15 January 2022

Bringing Joy one experience at a time!

The past few years I have been back and forth to Johannesburg South Africa Volunteering at TLC Children's home. TLC is a loving home committed to rescue any newborn or baby who has been abandoned by their family, irrespective of their race or health status. They provide responsive, temporary nurturing of up to 35 babies, with the aim of reducing risk and trauma during their critical first 1000 days of life.

During my stays at TLC I have made countless bottles, changed thousands of nappies and have been their to watch many milestones passed. I have loved being able to spend time with these beautiful children, playing and experiencing many firsts with them. Because they are in a Children's home and there are lots of them they don't get to do many things that we take for granted here, including going to the mall, going out to the park/ soft play or enjoying a lovely walk followed by lunch. Having said this, during my previous trip I was given funding to give the children a experience that they wont forget. We took 13 children and their preschool teachers to the local zoo farm to feed the animals then had lunch out. I cannot explain the happiness on these children's faces ... It was a truly incredible day!


As many of you know I'm not a massive fan of exersize but I thought that to raise some funds to make these experiences happen more often for the children I'd set myself a challenge.... and a challenge it will be.... On the 16th January 2022, Me, my sister and my cousin will be hiking from Studland point 28 miles all the way to Lulworth Cove on the coastal route in around 12 hours. Any donations are massively appreciated and will go directly to giving these amazing children incredible days out. THANKYOU!!

I will be posting updates on my facebook at the 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and finally at the end of my journey along the coast. When I reach the end my family and some cousins will be there to help me cross the finish line! Then over the next couple of days I will put all of the posts from facebook into 1 blog so that you can see the challenge step by step.


I am so grateful to everyone that has given soooo generously to these incredible kids. I really cant express enough just how far this money will go on adventures and opportunities outside of TLC. Here are a couple of photos from previous trips to TLC on our adventures off the property to the local zoo farm. This was around 1/2 way through my trip at TLC and the kiddies that we took kept asking if we could go back to the farm every day until I came home. I would love to be able to do more adventures like this and see there little faces light up with excitement. 
Thankyou for making this all possible and especially to Knoll Farm Church for making the previous outting happen. 




No comments:

Post a Comment