Monday 17 January 2022

BIG NEWS!

 

When things are out of your control they can be scary... right?

TLC has been a massive part of my life since the age of 17 when I came across a video of the kiddies on YouTube. I flew out to Johannesburg South Africa with my Dad in November less than 2 weeks after being accepted to volunteer at the children's home. All that I knew about TLC I had discovered from the internet. I knew that it would most likely be an incredible adventure full of many highs and lows. But I didn't know about all the little miracles that would happen during my stays at TLC in the years since. 

Since that first trip to TLC Children's home I have volunteered there for a total of 24 months. 

These have been some of the most amazing and challenging times of my life. It is wonderful getting to spend time with the children and babies. Giving them the love they need and deserve. However, we are all humans, it can be hard when babies and children who you have helped to raise get adopted or fostered and leave the TLC property. I am so happy for the children when they get to go to their forever families but I do miss them an enormous amount. 

Having said that about 2 months ago I created a post on Gofundme about a hike that I decided to do to raise funds for the kiddies to go on outtings to experience activities away from the place they love and call Home. 

At this point in my life I was enjoying Nannying for a wonderful family just down the road from where me and my family live. Little did I know how much my life was going to change within the next few months. 

The babies and everyone at TLC have been on my mind every day since that 1st trip to the children's Home. As I was leaving Johannesburg the last time I was there I prayed and said If your plan for my life is to leave the children's home., please make it known and take the desire to be there away from my heart

However, the thoughts about TLC and the memories with the kiddies kept getting stronger and stronger. It was at that point in my life that I knew God was not done... 

After a few messages back and forth to managers it was decided that they'd love to have me back. So, paperwork was completed and sent off and the time of waiting began... 

I let work know about leaving to go back to my kiddies in South Africa but at this point I was still unsure if I'd actually be able to go.

Previously with visa paperwork it would take a month to a month and a half to return so I would try and forget about it and carry on with life. 

This time life got busy especially as it was over the Christmas period. I got on with life and said to my Auntie that if God wants it to happen it will be approved and if its declined he just has a different path for my life. I will be sad but everything happens for a reason! 

Then as I was packing up a few of my things in anticipation for the news I received a text saying the paperwork had arrived at the embassy. At this point I started to panic ... This was the same message I got when the paperwork was given in to the embassy and from that point on it could take anywhere up to 2 months to come back. So, I prayed about it and approximately 5 minutes later I received a second message .... your passport is with the courier and will arrive tomorrow. 

I have honestly never been so excited but so nervous in my life... The text didn't say if it was approved or declined... it just said it was coming...

One long night and nearly whole day later I received my passport. In front of my mum and brother I counted through my passport to get to my THIRD VISA for TLC Children's Home!!!! It was APPROVED!!!!

Having said that after spending 9 months back in the UK. I am happy to announce that I will be returning to TLC Children's Home for a grand total of 2 years 11 months. I am soo grateful that my visa has been approved and that I am able to love these children and spend quality time with them once again. 

Thank you so much to everyone for the Love and Support on all of my trips to TLC Children's Home especially as I get ready to head out in under 3 weeks...

(The massive amount of paperwork in order to get the visa processed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment